Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Lockfree] Interest in a ringbuffer class
From: Raphaël Londeix (raphael.londeix_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-27 07:29:19

> don't get me wrong, i definitely see the use case for this! i'm
> wondering about a good way to unify this under a common API.
>
> e.g. i wonder if the spsc_queue could be modified (or specialized for
> uint8_t), and provide an API that exposes the internal memory layout to
> the user.

Ok, if you agree that it's worth having, then we can discuss about the
design :)
Let me create a gist or something with more than an interface as a basis
for
the discussion.

i also like the idea to use memory mapping for unwrapping. but again, we
> need to find a way to formulate this in a nice API and make it
> cross-platform (i don't have any experience on this)

I think that this could easily be integrated in boost.interprocess once we
have
a solid basic type for ringbuffers. I believe that we can cover all cases
by making
this type policy driven.

Cheers,

--