Subject: Re: [boost] [testing] Need optimization help!!!
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-31 22:59:07

AMDG

On 01/31/2017 08:22 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> If someone is interested in an optimization challenge here's your
> opportunity. Currently the program(s) that generate the test results take a
> long time to run. In both the live setup of a 4 core 16 GB ram VM it takes
> about 40 minutes to generate the reports for master and develop branches.
> On my 4 core 16 GB ram real hardware SSD HD machine it also takes about 40
> minutes.
>
> If some brave soul could look into why it's so terribly slow the Boost
> community would be very grateful. As it would make it possible to move the
> processing to a CI service and improve results reliability and frequency.

  The report is completely generated from scratch
on every run, even though a significant fraction
of it doesn't change. I suspect that the best
way to optimize it would be to make the report
generation more incremental. (The old XSL scripts
did in fact work this way. When I wrote boost_report,
I assumed that it didn't matter, since it took
less than 2 minutes at the time.)

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe