Subject: Re: [boost] [testing] Need optimization help!!!
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-01 12:23:20

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 1/31/17 7:22 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> If someone is interested in an optimization challenge here's your
>> opportunity. Currently the program(s) that generate the test results take
>> long time to run. In both the live setup of a 4 core 16 GB ram VM it takes
>> about 40 minutes to generate the reports for master and develop branches.
>> On my 4 core 16 GB ram real hardware SSD HD machine it also takes about 40
>> minutes.
>>

> Assuming that the 40 min includes building all libraries and tests and
> running the tests, that doesn't seem to be all that long as far as I'm
> concerned.

The 40 minutes includes *only* generating the reports that we see on the
web site. By this point all the tests have run. Key though is that this is
generation for *all* the tests for *all* libraries times all the testers on
both master and develop branches. So we are talking about a large amount of
data to process and generate.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything