Subject: Re: [boost] [config] [atomics] Support for z/OS XL C/C++
From: Groke, Paul (paul.groke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-09 12:30:55

:)

> If you end up creating PRs, remember that the changes should be against the
> develop branch, not master. We don't make changes to master directly.

Good to know. I think something more-or-less intelligent in Git(Hub) already made "develop" the default source when creating new branches, but it's good to know that this is in fact the desired "way of doing it" in the Boost repos.

> Finally, if you're interested in keeping your platform supported, you might
> want to consider becoming a tester. This way, at least, the maintainers (and
> users) will be able to see the state of Boost on your platform, and maybe fix
> the problems as they appear in the future.

I'll talk to some people at my company. I'd be all for it. Only thing is, CPU cycles on the z are a precious good because our machine is pretty limited (MSUs). Maybe we could create an LPAR with super-low priority, so that the tests can run when the machine isn't busy doing something else (like compiling our stuff or running our tests). IDK, we'll see.

Cheers,
Paul

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4040 Linz, Austria, Freistaedterstrasse 313