Subject: Re: [boost] Status of Visual Studio 2017 support
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-14 15:27:43

For those that keep complaining.. Just because we say that it's not
officially supported doesn't mean we haven't sitting on our hands. And not
working to support it. There have been various build changes to support it.
It's been tested since the first public pre-releases came out. Microsoft,
snd specifically STL, use Boost as a test of their compiler early on. And
once the tester that is running vc15 gets its configuration working again,
from Microsoft breaking it. You'll see a greener and more accurate
representation of what libraries work or not. And if you think that's
insufficient. We are particularly interested in people contributing
personal time and resources to test compilers. And right now running
regression tests for that particular compiler would be very welcome. And
hence from this thread I will assume that very shorty we will see at least
two of you run regression tests.

Thanks.

--
-- Rene Rivera