Subject: Re: [boost] [MPL][vector] Is there interest in mpl::vector using variadic templates?
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-02 17:54:27

On 03/02/2017 11:27 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Larry Evans wrote:
>
>> One problem with the above cppljevans mpl is there's no at.hpp.
>> Instead, the non-variadic boost/mpl/at.hpp was used.
>> The reason no variadic at was created was because, AFAICT, there was
>> no non-recursive method for picking the I-th element from T... , and,
>> IIUC, recursive templates cause compile-time slow downs.
>
> Have you read
>
> http://pdimov.com/cpp2/simple_cxx11_metaprogramming_2.html
>
> ?

Nope. Thanks *very much* for the link. I'm impressed (especially
with the way you actually cited the parts of the standard to guide
your search for the best method!).

> Search for mp_at.

Thanks for that tip.

I'm a bit surprised that the mp_map_from_list was fastest.
I would have thought that large template classes mean slow
compile times, but I guess not.

Thanks again, Peter.

-regards,
Larry