Subject: Re: [boost] [preprocessing] Feedback requested on a C99 preprocessor written in pure universal Python
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-08 08:29:26

Dear Niall,

> Those of you who watch reddit/r/cpp will know I've been working for the
> past month on a pure Python implementation of a C99 conforming
> preprocessor. I am pleased to be able to ask for Boost feedback on a
> fairly high quality implementation:
>
> https://github.com/ned14/pcpp

did you do some benchmarks on how fast pcpp is compared to a "normal" C-based preprocessor? I understand that you wrote this implementation to get more features and better standard-compliance than some commercial preprocessors, but since some people around me have claimed that preprocessing takes a significant fraction of total compile time, I wonder about performance.

Best regards,
Hans