Subject: Re: [boost] [safe_numerics] Last three days
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-10 10:00:02

>> Hi Everyone,
>> We have three last days remaining for safe_numerics review (till March
>> 11th). If you like working under time pressure, this is the perfect moment
>> for doing your review.
>>
>> If you would like to submit your review, but feel you will not make it till
>> March 11th, let me know, we can try to extend the review period.
>
> FWIW, I feel that this is a complex library and people clearly need more time to consider it.

For me personally, this is a library really far from my experience. I've
never used anything like it before. It looks fine, the design looks
good, implementation the same and the docs reasonable. But I'm also
aware there are alternatives out there in the open source and I don't
know how this compares to those. I also know proposals about this domain
have gone before WG21 in the past, and I don't know how those compare to
this either.

This is why I, and I suspect many others, haven't given a review nor
intend to. I have such low confidence in my opinion of this library that
I feel it worthless to say anything about it all other than "it looks okay".

Hence extending the review period I suspect will make little difference.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting