Subject: Re: [boost] Libc++ failures on linux
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-12 03:42:57

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Ben Pope via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 10/03/17 22:33, Tom Kent via Boost wrote:
>

>> One relevant detail, I'm building with clang 3.9, however the libc++
>> version that I'm using (ubuntu default) is the one that shipped with clang
>> 3.7. That shouldn't preclude including a file!
>>

> As mentioned, the default packaging for Ubuntu might not be what you
> want. There's http://apt.llvm.org/ - I haven't used it, I don't know if
> it uses libc++ and if it does, which abi is used. It recommends
> toolchain-test-r, which in my experience can break your system compiler and
> make it very hard to revert those changes.
>
> I recommend you either build clang yourself, or take the builds from here:
> http://releases.llvm.org/download.html
>
> You can just extract to any directory and clang will automatically find
> the extracted libc++ (which uses libc++abi).
>
> If you prefer to build it yourself, something like this should be
> sufficient:
>
> svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/tags/RELEASE_400/final
> /utils/release
>
> release/test-release.sh -release 4.0.0 -final -triple
> x86_64-linux-gnu-ubuntu-16.04

Yeah, I've been using the apt.llvm.org to build most of the clang docker
images. Unfortunately it doesn't include the libc++ packages, I've e-mailed
the guy who builds the packages (also the debian libc++ packager) to see if
that could be in the cards.

If those ducks can get in a row, that would be my preference, but failing
that, I may just move to grabbing those binaries from the releases section.
That seems like it would be about as easy, and works now.

Tom