Subject: Re: [boost] [config] msvc-14.1 and C++14 constexpr
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-13 19:10:31

[John Maddock]
> So.... MSVC-14.1 (2017) sort of supports C++14 constexpr.
> However, it is also prone to internal compiler errors, and
> currently does not compile config_test.cpp unless we set
> BOOST_NO_CXX14_CONSTEXPR.

Please report constexpr ICEs now (with preprocessed repros), so we can fix them for the first VS 2017 toolset Update. Report A Problem in the IDE is a convenient way.

As a special favor to Boost developers, I will file constexpr ICEs in our internal database, if you send me a zipped preprocessed repro and corresponding command line to compile the preprocessed file.

Thanks,
STL