Subject: Re: [boost] [build] VC++ 2017 version number?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-13 23:02:04

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 5:25 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Tom Kent wrote:
>
> On the other hand, the "toolset" that microsoft sets the compilers to is
>> "v141".
>>

> Yes, and we use msvc-14.10 instead of msvc-14.1, to make sure we don't
> match anything. Plus, using msvc-14.1 as the toolset fails with "cl not
> found" as if we don't support 2017 yet.

I believe there's a PR to fix that that someone is working on. Do note that
AFAIK the version is "14.10". That Microsoft uses both 14.10 and 141 in
various places to refer to the same thing just piles more on the cr_at_p heap
that users will face. I seriously considered abandoning the current scheme
and going with Beman's suggestion of 19.10 at one point.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything