Subject: Re: [boost] [review queue] What to do about the library review queue?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-14 12:28:33

On 14/03/2017 12:20, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 8:01 AM, Niall Douglas via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I look forward to seeing what people think.
>
> These are great ideas, and I am glad someone is bringing this up!
>
> With respect to payments, let me offer some thoughts. Boost is used
> around the world so it might be difficult to pay someone in Europe in
> USDs. How about using cryptocurrency (Bitcoin for example)? This
> solves the problem of receiving payment.

Boost has a long standing payment system setup which can pay out in any
of a cheque, wire transfer, Paypal etc to any recipient in the world bar
those not permitted by US law.

It isn't handled directly by Boost, but rather by the SFF which manages
Boost's money for us.

> Where is this money coming from? Corporate sponsorships? I like it!

Boost has been accumulating more money than it spends for nearly a
decade now. I believe we are the wealthiest open source org in the SFF's
umbrella. However as has been found in the past, if there is a worthy
cause then a drum can be banged to scare up donations from corporates.
We as a community simply need to decide a consensus on what to do.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting