Subject: Re: [boost] [review queue] What to do about the library review queue?
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-14 22:12:55

Le 14/03/2017 à 13:01, Niall Douglas via Boost a écrit :
> Dear Boost,
>
> [snip]

This is an interesting topic, thanks for bringing it!

> I therefore ask boost-dev what to do? Some options:
>
> 1. Pay US$1000 (one thousand) dollars to each person who manages a
> review. In case you're worried Boost doesn't have the money, it does in
> spades, that's not a problem. For $23,000 we could clear the current
> review queue assuming none of the problems mentioned yet.

I suggest another way of rewarding people:

- If the review manager is a library maintainer: by the end of the
review, he/she gets the help of the boost community (including the ppl
whose code is being reviewed) to get his/her backlog cleared. This
includes development, patches, backlog cleanup, as well as
management/coordination of those devs.

- if the review manager is the author of a library under review or
freshly reviewed for acceptance to boost, but still not part of any
release: he/she will get the help of the boost community
to make that happen as soon as possible (including open pending issues
from previous reviews, documentation, integration, migration to
boost.build, etc etc)

Of course, we can iterate further
- for each good and sound review, you get one ticket of your backlog
closed by next release

... etc etc ...

I believe this is win/win/win for the health of boost, reviewers and new
libraries.

Best,
Raffi