Subject: Re: [boost] [review queue] What to do about the library review queue?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-15 20:26:47

On 3/14/17 2:53 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
> All correct. This suggestion has been floating around since at least
> 2010. I think it's time to implement it. I propose the following text
> to be placed in the appropriate place.
>
> "Only those who have managed a boost review can expect their library
> submissions to be to be reviewed."
>
> This clearly states the rule and allows for some exceptions.

OK - I've endorsed one of Naill's ideas in the form of the above
suggestion.

a) I think it's simple to implement.
b) if it doesn't work it's simple to retract.
c) We've had the normal back and forth about it - with the usual number
of tangents and side tracts and I don't see a strong argument against at
least trying it out.

So let's try this out.

The only thing is I don't have any idea who has the authority to
implement this. The Review Wizard could just start implementing it on
his own - though I'm not sure he'd be comfortable with that. So I'll
guess that its the steering committee. I'll send them a copy.

Robert Ramey