Subject: Re: [boost] [release] 1.64.0 please test master snapshot..
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-16 21:00:27

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 7:09 AM, Rene Rivera via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> After help from various sources to get the VS2017 building working the
> latest master snapshot should at least try and build with VS2017. Assuming
> nothing horrible shows up today we will release the first beta tonight.
> Hence, please smoke test the latest master snapshot found at:
>
> <https://dl.bintray.com/boostorg/master/>

VS2017 is not yet working with master. When building the libraries it
builds in the format "libboost_thread-vc1410-mt-1_64.lib", however the code
in config/auto_link.hpp still has a vc150 in it, meaning any time you try
to link a library you will get an error "libboost_thread-vc150-mt-1_64.lib
not found".

I think that is easy enough to fix (and drastic enough) that we should hold
the beta for it, but I defer to the release team.

Tom