Subject: Re: [boost] [review queue] Proposed new policy to enter the review queue
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-17 14:01:34

On 17.03.2017 09:48, Niall Douglas via Boost wrote:
>> I'm really mystified by how almost any discussion on this list
>> eventually turn magically into discussions about tools. It's the boost's
>> community's main fetish.
> Well, everyone has an opinion on tooling e.g. love/hate on cmake.

Yeah, we all love bike-shed discussions. Let's have more of those.

[...]
>> What most people here seem to agree on is how hard it is for Boost to
>> change anything. So why don't we talk about the reasons for that, and
>> how to improve, rather than waste our energy on tool discussions ?
> Every proposal I've ever made to fix this has been rejected. I've given up.

Right: solving the real problem is hard, so let's look for other (even
unrelated !) problems instead. Someone cited the "looking for the keys
under the street-light" parable already in this thread, which fits
nicely, doesn't it.

        Stefan

PS: happy St.Patrick's day ! ;-)