Subject: Re: [boost] [Stacktrace] Second review begins today 17th Mar ends 26th Mar
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-18 23:36:57

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 7:17 AM, Antony Polukhin via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> windows.h is a minor problem of a single platform.

I disagree, and it shouldn't be difficult to avoid it. One option is to
split the platform-specific code in a windows-specific stack-trace header.
Another is to (if possible) hide the offending code behind a template which
doesn't trip the compiler if the user doesn't instantiate it, and requires
the user to manually include windows.h if he does.

> Most of
> the Boost users do not care about windows.h inclusion

Most Boost users are not qualified to judge what Boost libraries should and
shouldn't do. Consider that e.g. bind.hpp won't even make use of MSVC
platform-specific calling conventions, the motivation being to prevent
unsuspecting programmers from accidentally writing platform-specific code.

Emil