Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review Request: mp11
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-18 23:57:02

Paul Fultz II wrote:
> > https://github.com/pdimov/mp11/
> >
> > It supports g++ 4.9 and above, clang 3.6 and above, msvc-12.0, 14.0,
> > 14.1.
>
> Whats the reason for not supporting gcc 4.8?

gcc 4.7 and 4.8 almost work. 4.8 fails a single test, mp_replace_if, because
it for some reason strips the const qualifiers from the elements there. gcc
4.7 fails one additional test, mp_defer, that isn't critical and the error
is probably in the test itself.

https://travis-ci.org/pdimov/mp11/builds/207959624

I can #ifdef the mp_replace_if test (or casually remove the top-level
consts, whistling innocently and pretending not to know anything about the
matter) and declare 4.8 supported, but the compiler bug seems likely enough
to bite someone. msvc-12.0 is much buggier, but when it works, it doesn't
produce wrong results.

TL;DR they work and will likely continue to work, I just don't support them
"officially" at the moment.