Subject: [boost] [GSOC17] Regarding project Boost.uBLAS
From: SHIVAM MITTAL (2015csb1032_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-21 15:08:36

Hi,

I am *Shivam Mittal*, a sophomore student of *Computer Science &
Engineering *discipline of *Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar, India.*

I wish to contribute to *Boost.uBLAS*, and develop cool and useful things
with the community in GSOC 17. While going through the ideas list, I found
the project *Data.Frames in boost.uBlas *very interesting and suitable for
me.

I think I am well prepared for the task as described in the requirement
section.

I am very comfortable in C/C++ and fairly comfortable in MATLAB, Python,
HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL.
I have more than 6 years of experience coding in C++. I have been
developing data structures, algorithms, hardware simulators, artificial
intelligence programs, and miscellaneous things in C++.

The coursework (relevant to this project) which I have completed is :
1. Introduction to computing (in C++)
2. Data structures (in C++)
3. Linear Algebra

Some of my selected projects are uploaded on github:
https://github.com/shivam5
Please have a look at them. Some projects which I have implemented in C++
are:
1. Simple_RISC plagiarism checker
2. Simple_RISC functional and pipeline simulator
3. Pattern matching system by implementing hash tables.
4. Implementing graphs
5. Implementing AVL and Red black trees
6. Solcvng combinatorial auctions
7. Room booking system
8. Sudoku Solver

I have implemented the programming competency test and sent the mentor on
personal mail.

Can you guide me further on how should I proceed and increase my chances of
getting selected.

Thank You,
Shivam Mittal
B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering, IInd Year
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar
Phone: +91-9888927245, +91-9899461223