Subject: Re: [boost] NuDB: A fast key/value insert-only database for SSD drives in C++11
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-22 11:27:01

On 22/03/2017 09:30, Dominique Devienne via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 12:36 AM, Niall Douglas via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> [...] much safer choices of SQLite or UnQLite both of which are battle
>> tested
>
> and written by database experts to ensure that other people's data is
>> never, ever lost.
>>

> Very much so for SQLite, but not so for UnQLite IMHO, which is a "mostly
> abandoned"
> project of changing SQLite3 to use a new key-value store back-end, thus
> create in the
> process a new "SQLite4". The original was lead by Dr Hipp, who later
> concentrated back
> on SQLite3, and that project was basically "ripped-off" by some random
> people.

That's interesting, thank you.

> You shouldn't associate the latter with the former, or claim it's battle
> tested. --DD

My claim was based on UnQLite using the same storage abstraction layer
as SQLite. I am very confident in that layer. The stuff UnQLite adds on
top, that could lose data for sure, but it'll do it much less frequently
and in much fewer of the usual cases thanks to using the SQLite
abstraction layer.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting