Subject: Re: [boost] Boost MSM parallel behavior with delayed self-transitions?
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-24 20:38:48

Hi Danylo,

>Thank you for the input. As you suggest, I've put on pause trying to
achieve parallelism with pthreads/std::thread and will have a serious look
into Asynchronous.
>To be sure: you are saying that Asynchronous+MSM is able to fulfill my
objective of having a state machine with states that execute tasks in
parallel
>(in the multi-thread sense) and that can be exited (i.e. threads closed)
me to read all of the documentation.

Yes. You'll have a state machine as servant. To execute tasks in parallel
and as state machines should not block, you will have transition actions
calling post_callback, or, if needing a timer, async_wait.
You needn't care about closing threads, the library takes care of that.
BTW at my work, we base our whole industrial application on this (and we
are 20 developers). It really works.

>Please feel free to use the example in the Asynchronous doc, it would be
my honor!

Great! Thanks!

>Best,
>
>Danylo.