Subject: Re: [boost] [stacktrace] Two days remaining before review ends
From: mbartosik (mbartosik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-25 09:02:14
Maybe the author can answer the issues that I raised:
* Control of how aggressive stack walking is.
* Ability to walk stack of another thread including in another process.
* boost::stacktrace::frame::to_string should be efficient for 2nd and 3rd
and multiple calls, but not require more than a single pointer to be stored
in the boost::stacktrace::frame. This implies either a different class for
symbol resolution or external caching.
* Control over what boost::stacktrace::frame::to_string includes (or define
* Ability to work with post-mortem data. e.g. serialize a boost::stacktrace
plus other information (a list of modules) and then deserialize and resolve
symbols after the process has exited.
* Work with boost serialization
If I have a vote it would depend on the answers to these questions, without
good answers it would be a no vote.
I'm getting on a flight soon, so I'll won't be able to comment more until
-- View this message in context: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/stacktrace-Two-days-remaining-before-review-ends-tp4692916p4692920.html Sent from the Boost - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk