Subject: Re: [boost] NuDB: A fast key/value insert-only database for SSD drives in C++11
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-27 13:05:14

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> ...to achieve durability, during writes you crypto hash AND fast hash
> the new item. During lookups you use the fast hash only.

NuDB assumes that bytes written to the file system are not changed. It
doesn't verify a checksum or digest on the values. That's up to the
application. If another process corrupts the data in a database in
between when the database is opened, NuDB does not detect that (except
for visible corruption in the key file format, such as an invalid size
or offset).

> The issue I am taking here is the claim of durability

This is the first I'm hearing that the "Durability" in ACID implies
protection from data corruption after the fact - please provide a
source.