Subject: Re: [boost] Clang 4.0.0 MPL error in Boost next.hpp and prior.hpp
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-27 13:57:38

I'm trying to walk before I can run (but have stumbled :-( )

I:\modular-boost\libs\hello_boost\example\jamfile.v2 just calls run hello_boost.cpp ;

I have pulled Edward's pre-processor update
https://github.com/boostorg/preprocessor/commit/dfc1c46ecedef21274eb142e267e91400aa33ec8

and tried this in my user_config.jam

with discouraging results.

It picks up the compiler as expected (I think)

notice: will use 'C:/LLVM/bin/clang.exe' for clang-linux, condition <toolset>clang-linux-4.0.0

but doesn't find any targets or do anything beyond config checks???

Performing configuration checks

    - 32-bit : no (cached)
    - 64-bit : yes (cached)
    - arm : no (cached)
    - mips1 : no (cached)
    - power : no (cached)
    - sparc : no (cached)
    - x86 : yes (cached)
    - symlinks supported : yes (cached)

delete I:\modular-boost\bin.v2\libs\hello_boost to check what is created. But there is no expected folders and files here.

But I still only have VS 2015 14.0.25402.00 update 3RC - does this mean I need to update? (Sigh)

Or use a different <compileflags>-fmsc-version=1910 ???

Or am I doing something silly?

But thanks for making progress on this - I still hope to catch up.

Paul

PS I would use Cygwin, but I already have mingw installed and changing would muck other things up.