Subject: Re: [boost] NuDB: A fast key/value insert-only database for SSD drives in C++11
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-27 16:01:04

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Peter Dimov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Vinnie Falco wrote:
> The .yml file only installs gcc5, it doesn't ask for it. The default gcc/g++
> is still the same (4.6). gcc5 is gcc-5/g++-5. I don't know how this needs to
> be passed to cmake, presumably by setting CC/CXX?

I'm totally clueless when it comes to Linux toolchains. But I don't
think that this should be passed to cmake. Instead, the operating
system should be configured so that the commands "gcc" and "g++" will
use the newer version. Otherwise, people who build with CMake are
going to be pigeonholed to a specific gcc version? That doesn't seem
like the right thing to do.