Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.64.0 Beta 1
From: Deniz Bahadir (dbahadir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-27 16:59:02

Am 27.03.2017 um 18:52 schrieb John Maddock via Boost:

>> It seems, I should not add a link-flag like "-lc++abi" to Boost.Build
>> option "cxxflags!? Should I only use Boost.Build option "linkflags" or
>> would I additionally have to prepend a "-Wl," to that link-flag?
>
> Just use cxxflags= for compilation and linkflags= for linker flags and
> you should be fine, you will also need to add --reconfigure to the
> command line to prevent the last cached configure run from being used
> again.

The thing with the "--reconfigure" option I do not understand. Is that
mandatory, now?
I just ran "b2 ..." once to try to build Boost into an empty workspace
from an unchanged source, which was just before extracted from the
tar.gz. (The result I posted to this mailing-list.) I never called it a
second time.
So, shouldn't there be no reason to "reconfigure" because I am just
"configuring" for the first time!?

Thanks for any hints that make me understand what's going on,
Deniz