Subject: Re: [boost] Clang 4.0.0 MPL error in Boost next.hpp and prior.hpp
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-27 17:12:27

Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> Now I get something as bad - back to missing the cstddef file.

I honestly have no idea why you have this problem and I do not. Clang finds
the VC include directories for me.

> PS You didn't say if I really needed the most recent March 2017 VS update?

It's true that I have VS 2017 installed and Clang finds and uses it, but
Edward reports in the other message that VS 2015 works for him (when
setting -msc-version=1900 as appropriate.)

> I've tried adding to user_config.jam
>
> <cxxflags>"-IC:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
> 14.0/VC/include"

The correct way to set the include path is with

<include>"C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/VC/include"

although I'm not sure about the quoting. If that doesn't work, you could try
double-quoting: