Subject: Re: [boost] NuDB: A fast key/value insert-only database for SSD drives in C++11
From: Thijs van den Berg (thijs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-29 11:42:18

IMO it would be useful to have a “fast key/value insert-only” storage

It’s design *could* isolate a storage component that currently uses fsync, but which could be swappable with other storage providers that have different performance/ durability guarantees. Different users would want different properties here. That storage provider could have value in its own right and the main challenge is to define a good public interface. NuDB can provide it's default storage and the claimed properties of that could be documented. Personally I can live with fsync as a default choice, I would look at hardware options instead when data is very important to me.