Subject: Re: [boost] NuDB: A fast key/value insert-only database for SSD drives in C++11
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-29 16:36:12

>> If he rewrote those two paragraphs above with the below I would have no
>> objection apart from that his design is flawed and should not enter
>> Boost without being substantially redesigned.
>
> I could take this seriously if you provide code in the form of a
> regression test which shows the scenario in which a power loss harms
> NuDB database integrity. Because, as they say, "talk is cheap."

I and others have found serious concerns in our review of your choice of
implementation and the database integrity guarantees you make. Your options:

1. You could remove the strong claims from your documentation.

2. You could redesign NuDB so it does implement your strong guarantees.

3. Ignore or attack the feedback you've been given.

So far you appear to be following option 3. Be therefore not surprised
if nobody gives you further feedback on NuDB.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting