Subject: Re: [boost] NuDB: A fast key/value insert-only database for SSD drives in C++11
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-29 16:44:42

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Lee Clagett via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Read this [paper on crash-consistent applications][0]
> [0]https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/osdi14/osdi14-paper-pillai.pdf

This is quite helpful, thank you! I think this paragraph is relevant
to my use-case?

"Current file systems do not provide atomic multi-block appends;
appends can be broken down into multiple operations. However, most
file systems seemingly guarantee that some prefix of the data written
(e.g., the first 10 blocks of a larger append) will be appended
atomically"

It sounds to me like I have this case covered with the "partial write"
failure mode of fail_file. Or is there another case I missed?