Subject: Re: [boost] [VS2017][release] vswhere.exe
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-04 14:34:25

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:09 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 4 April 2017 at 10:59, Paul A. Bristow via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Given the choices:

* Brittle BAT+Powershell+C# detection script dance.
* Including vswhere in distribution.
* Requiring vswhere preinstall (either by user or OS or VS2017).

I'd also prefer for the last one. And it's essentially what I'm been
pushing Microsoft to do for weeks now.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything