Subject: Re: [boost] [simd] Hardware support
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-08 12:21:20

On 04/08/17 14:06, Mathias Gaunard via Boost wrote:
> On 8 April 2017 at 11:14, Bjorn Reese via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> Boost.SIMD only supports x86.
>>
>> Are there plans for ARM NEON and/or MIPS SIMD?
>
> Other platforms are supported in the proprietary version of the library.
> https://developer.numscale.com/bsimd/documentation/v1.17.3.0/

Will those be eventually included in Boost.SIMD, if it's accepted into
Boost?

This is an important point, IMO, and it should be clarified before
review. If there are no plans to improve Boost.SIMD in order not to harm
the commercial version then that makes Boost.SIMD significantly less
attractive. Personally, I would vote for rejection in this case.