Subject: Re: [boost] Formale Review: Callable Traits
From: Tim Song (t.canens.cpp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-10 20:40:33

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The obvious theoretically consistent approach here is
>
> void(foo::*)(float, char, int) -> tuple<foo, float, char, int>

It depends on what the theory is. If the model is "type of the
implicit object parameter during overload resolution", then foo& is
the correct choice (see [over.match.funcs]/4). If the model is "type
of the class, decorated to reflect the cv-qualifier-seq and
ref-qualifier, if any", then foo would be the natural result.

The first model seems more useful to me, even if lossy.