Subject: Re: [boost] Boost licensing information
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-12 23:15:39

On 12.04.2017 17:17, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Niall Douglas via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>> Could we somehow solve the issue in Boost by
>>> * also distributing Boost under the MIT license (super extremely very
>>> close license)
> The MIT license is technically incompatible with the Boost license.

It might be a good idea to collect such bits of wisdom in a common place
(such as the wiki). A good starting point: a list of widely known Free
Software licenses, annotated to indicate whether they meet the
requirements in
http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#License (with
explicit references to the clause they don't meet if applicable).

        Stefan