Subject: Re: [boost] Boost licensing information
From: Chris Glover (c.d.glover_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-13 16:09:07

> > That's a pretty arrogant statement.
> >
> > It's down to the review manager in question at the time of review.
> > Unless you're the review manager, your vote is just one of many
> considered.
> >
> > Niall
> >

> It is significantly more complicated than that. If it isn't BSL it would
> need to be reviewed by SFC's counsel and we would need to weigh the
> benefits over the confusion.
>

>From my point of view, as a boost user at a company, I can tell you that if
boost had different licenses on different libraries, that would be a
problem for me. It is extremely handy that we can be confident that all of
the code in the boost distribution is under a common license.

If a particular library wants to be dual licensed, that's probably fine,
but one of those licenses had better be BSL.

-- chris