Subject: [boost] Boost Library Incubator Statistics
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-17 17:04:18

In the course of updating the Boost Library Incubator website, I
gathered some summary statistics which some might find interesting.

40 Number of libraries submitted
2 libraries not accepted into the incubator of lack docs, test, etc.

11 libraries reviews by boost
9 accepted
2 rejected

All in all, I'm thinking these numbers aren't too bad for boost and the
incubator. I would like to see more submissions - but the submissions
we've received seem to be better than average quality and worthy of
consideration. Hopefully this has made the review process more efficient.

A couple of libraries have also been accepted (and rejected) without
having been placed in the incubator. The number is small. I think this
validates the incubator as useful, but not necessary and libraries
authors should continue to be encouraged, but not required, to submit
library candidates to the incubator. Other than the above, I'm not
going to try to draw any conclusions from the above admittedly anecdotal
data.

I would also remind boosters that if you're logged into the incubator,
you can display statistics on viewership for a particular library by
using the "Display Statistics" button on the library page. This is a
crude but someone engaging way to get an idea of how many people have
looked at the library page. The attached shows visits to the safe
numerics library page in the last 90 days.

Robert Ramey