Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of PolyCollection starts today (May 3rd)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-10 22:02:23

On 5/10/17 2:46 PM, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
  algorithms.cpp
>> algorithms.cpp(12): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
>> 'boost/poly_collection/algorithm.hpp': No such file or directory
>
> 1) Clone beneath the 'your_boost_tree_root/libs' directory
> 2) run 'b2 headers' from 'your_boost_tree_root' after you clone
>

>> Did I mention I am using Microsoft Visual Studio on Windows?
>>
>> Full disclosure, I have had this problem twice before when trying to
>> review libraries. In the past I have simply given up. But I want to
>> contribute something back since my own library will be reviewed soon.

This is a common situation. The boost directory structure doesn't play
nice with new libraries which are not already part of boost. When I put
the safe numerics library into the incubator, I used path names for
includes so that one would not have to do the above procedure for the
new library. This permitted one to build and run the tests and
examples, but of course created consternation of another sort.

Robert Ramey