Subject: Re: [boost] [http] Boost.Http review report
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-15 00:48:10

On Aug 27, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Bjorn Reese <breese_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The outcome of the formal review of Boost.Http is that the library is
> NOT accepted for inclusion into Boost this time.
> Judging from the reviews, the following additions will
> make a future submission more likely to succeed:
>
> 1. Involve the community more during the development. This will
> both solicit earlier feedback on the design, and help to align
> community expectation.

I've been trying to involve the community for several months now,
offering opportunities to weigh in on design decisions, provide
feedback on pull requests, perform code reviews on pending merges. The
response has been, to put it nicely, minimal.

In particular I have not heard from anyone involved in the other
proposed libraries such as Boost.Http or cpp-netlib except some
initial contacts in early 2016.