Subject: Re: [boost] [review] **NEXT WEEK** Review of Outcome (starts Fri-19-May)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-15 16:02:06

> The vocabulary in the slides is odd (any memory is called stack,
> anything 64 bits is called SSE) and there are some questionable
> statements. Taking a gcc dev point of view, the main information I got
> form those slides is interest in PR 59521 and some small margin of
> progress on copying constant strings.
>
> If anything, the section on static branch prediction advertises that one
> should use __builtin_expect more ;-)

I am not the author of the talk. I can say he checked the contents of
this thread and had a few colourful things to say about it, but did not
disagree with my recollection of what he said.

As I mentioned before, he's a long time attendee and presenter at ACCU.
I am inclined to believe whatever he claims, he knows his stuff.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting