Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of PolyCollection starts today (May 3rd)
From: Brook Milligan (brook_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-17 19:37:00

> On May 17, 2017, at 12:12 PM, Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for noticing this, will fix in the corresponding Jamvile.v2. By the way, algorithms.cpp
> need C++14 not because of make_unique (which is not used there) but for generic lambdas
> such as:
>
> https://github.com/joaquintides/poly_collection/blob/master/example/algorithms.cpp#L152-L155

Yes, I forgot the details at the time, but this reminds me that generic lambdas were exactly the problem.

> FWIW, algorithms is already marked as needing C++14:
>
> https://github.com/joaquintides/poly_collection/blob/master/example/Jamfile.v2#L15-L19
>
> so I guess you didn't use b2 for building for went directly with the compiler command line,
> right?

Yes, that is correct. I personally, don’t use b2 for building anything except boost itself. It seems too far afield from “normal” build environments to be useful in my own work. I was not really pointing this out as a problem with the library, but rather that I thought there was some mention of it being a c++11 library and then I found I need to use c++14 at some points. I suppose that is entirely due to the example code, though, and not the library itself. Perhaps a mention of the need for c++14 in some examples?

None of this is a big deal, though. The bottom line is it seems to be a great piece of work.

Cheers,
Brook