Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of Outcome (starts Fri-19-May)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-19 19:12:51

> If Outcome requires C++14 (or maybe C++17?) what is the value of
> including within Outcome a library which allows you to use C++11
> standard library instead of boost? In other words, Outcome could
> already be written against the C++ standard library facilities, since
> they are guaranteed to be there in all versions of C++ which Outcome
> supports.

boost-lite is no longer part of this review at all now that tribool
support has been dropped, but as you ask, boost-lite requires only C++
11 because lots of libraries beyond Outcome use it, including some C++
11 ones.

> I also see things in boost-lite like array, thread,
> condition_variable, are those part of the public interfaces being
> proposed?

Apart from boost_lite::tribool which has now been dropped due to review
feedback, nothing from boost-lite appears in the public interface.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting