Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of Outcome (starts Fri-19-May)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-19 21:44:32

On 19/05/2017 20:15, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Niall Douglas via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Apart from boost_lite::tribool which has now been dropped due to review
>> feedback, nothing from boost-lite appears in the public interface.
>
> Is BOOST_OUTCOME_USE_BOOST_ERROR_CODE part of the public interface? I
> see lines like this:
> https://github.com/ned14/boost.outcome/blob/master/include/boost/outcome/v1.0/config.hpp#L190

If reviewers make acceptance conditional on Outcome using Boost instead
of the C++ 11 STL for everything, then that configuration would be
activated and made permanent some how.

Note it hasn't been tested in well over a year, but it used to work once
and it could be resurrected without huge effort.

> What does Outcome have to do with Boost.Thread?
> https://github.com/ned14/boost.outcome/blob/master/include/boost/outcome/v1.0/config.hpp#L63

It's stale. I didn't want to invest the effort of removing it until the
review decides what form they want to accept Outcome in, if at all. You
may have noticed the large matrix of #if statements building an ABI
string, all that stuff takes lots of tedious effort to rejig.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting