Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] Ternary logic -- need an example
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-20 14:04:22

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 3:12 AM, Bjorn Reese via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> When I perform an asynchronous HTTP operation that returns an error_code
> then I prefer that the error_code contains a unified response, i.e. an
> HTTP status code, a system error code (e.g. network problem), or an
> internal library error code.

A nice thing about HTTP (if there is any such thing) is that the HTTP
"message" can be modeled as a self contained object.

The low-level result of the asynchronous operation (for example
boost::asio::error::connection_reset) reflects metadata about the HTTP
message and should not be part of that container.