Subject: Re: [boost] Request for endorsements for mp11
From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-22 13:38:42

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...] mp11 is a simple C++11 metaprogramming library, [...]
> https://rawgit.com/pdimov/mp11/master/doc/html/mp11.html

>From reading the Boost ML, it seems that one of the major difference
between the
"competing" modern meta-programming libraries is around SFINAE [1], yet I
found a single
mention in the doc for a subtle use of mp_defer. For non-experts like me,
it might be useful
to highlight more of the design rational for going with "simpler and
eager-by-default" design
(if I got that right) while still allowing SFINAE via mp_defer, versus
other SFINAE-first approaches?

I just remembered from past long threads on this subject that it wasn't
quite clear cut,
and would appreciate maybe a few sentences to summarize the problem and
explain
which approach mp11 took and why? For non-expert preferably. Unless I
missed it in the doc.

And perhaps also contrast proposed mp11 with Boost.Hana, and even classical
Boost.MPL?

Thanks, --DD

[1] http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/sfinae