Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Outcome review - First questions
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-24 17:28:15

Niall Douglas wrote:

> Peter do you think you might be happy if I extended Outcome's Expected
> implementation to instead be:
>
> template<class T, class EC = std::error_code, class E = void> class
> expected;

No, I'm not overly concerned about Outcome's expected<> interface or
implementation. It's a useful demonstration that your lower layer is
flexible enough to produce it, but the main focus of your library are the
result<> and outcome<> classes (and the error handling framework and
philosophy they represent) as far as I'm concerned. I don't consider
option(al)<> or expected<> a necessary part of that framework.