Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] expected vs. result
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-25 16:09:24

> > It would be very helpful to have a documentation for comparing all types,
> > expected, option, outcome, and result, showing the use cases and best
> > practices. I have some hard time to understand what one can do and the
> > other can not and in which cases I should prefer one.
>
> One thing very obvious in this review so far is how overwraught it has
> made that choice seem.
>
> I think as soon as you start writing some code using Outcome, you'll
> find the choice flows naturally. Using this library in your code is far,
> far, far easier and more intuitive than this review makes it seem. They
> are very simple objects, and very easy to use. Often the simpler the
> object, the more bikeshedding and strong opinions and noise result.

My question and the quouted suggestion above were actually not questioning
your design choice. I never used `expected` or `result` before, so I treat
you not only as an implementer/maintainer of a ibrary, but also as the
source of practical advice. And that advice could come in the form of
documentation.

Regards,
rzej;