Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] non-interface-related concerns
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-27 15:00:16

On 05/27/2017 04:40 PM, Niall Douglas via Boost wrote:

> I still hold open the offer of a fully Boost flavoured edition of
> Outcome. I think it a mistake personally, but the offer is there. I've
> given up on trying to instil awareness of the end user experience of
> Boost into people on boost-dev.

I think your solution to dual boost/standalone version is all backwards.

An alternative is to have the Boost.Outcome as the main repository. This
uses Boost.Config and possibly other accepted Boost libraries, and hides
implementation details in boost::outcome::detail. No dependency on
"boost-lite".

The standalone repository includes Boost.Outcome as a submodule. It also
contains your substitutes for Boost.Config etc. (i.e. "boost-lite"), as
well as CMake scripts.