Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] How to drop the formal empty state
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-27 22:17:33

>> But Outcome was always written for a SG14 low latency type audience. The
>> group is a bit misnamed, they actually much prefer predictable latency
>> over low latency. Some over there even compile release code with -O0 to
>> ensure they get exactly the performance of the source code written, no
>> surprises. That sort of thing.
>>
>> As I mentioned before, if identical performance for success vs failure
>> is not what you want, and you really care about 20 CPU cycles,
>> expected<T, E> will always bias towards either T or E.
>

> Interesting. Did I missed that in the docs? According to your description
> it should be really relevant to people who make a decision whether to go
> with your library or not.

People who actually care about 20 CPU cycles per branch on state will
without fail insist on examining the source code before deciding on
using a library. They wouldn't trust claims in its documentation.
Therefore I didn't bother documenting it publicly, I let the code speak
for itself.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting