Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] non-interface-related concerns
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-27 22:40:59

Niall Douglas wrote:

> Most of the world using git has no problems with git submodules.

You just don't listen, do you?

You can't have git submodules in a Boost distribution. It's an archive.

> The partially preprocessed edition reduces compile times for end users.

You don't listen, do you?

The objection is not against having a preprocessed edition. Have it. There's
no problem with it.

> There is no such requirement for acceptance. Internal standalone utility
> libraries have a long history in Boost.

Not listening, are we? Internal standalone utility libraries have a long
history in Boost, as long as they are completely contained within their
libs/$library directory. Once again, you can't have a git submodule in a
Boost distribution, which is an archive.

I give up. You're hopeless.