Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] non-interface-related concerns
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-28 11:43:13

>> That's not what I've been told.
>>
>> They want Boost libraries without all the hassle that comes with Boost
>> libraries. I keep saying this for years, but no one here on boost-dev
>> appears to listen.
>>

> They're telling you they want a Boost release to contain your Outcome
> library, but that they only want to depend on your Outcome library and
> nothing else in Boost?

Yes.

> Why wouldn't they prefer to download a 1 MB outcome.zip from
> github/ned14 instead of a 150 MB Boost release zip?

I don't think anyone worries about a few hundred megabytes of download
any more. I think it's much more to do with hassle to use a Boost
library, or rather, lack of hassle.

Where hassle is defined very broadly, including legal approval,
integration into local build and test, source auditing, symbol
collision, and so on.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting